Over the years I have become a well established Oxfordshire artist.
The subjects I most enjoy painting are Canals, Waterways, Woodlands, Landscapes and I also have a passion to paint large vibrant floral canvases. These are such fun to paint, it's just nice to get carried away and express yourself with bright vibrant colours. Acrylics are such lovely mediums to work with.
As long as I can remember I have always loved to paint and now devote much of my time to my art.
Over the years I have held many solo exhibitions and can proudly proclaim that my work can be seen in homes across the U K, over seas and as far away as Down Under.
Much of my inspiration comes from the wonderful local countryside with all the changing colours of the seasons. Flowers in my garden is a great source of inspiration.
Career Extracts and Highlights.
- 1992 onwards: My painting career started.
- 1993-to 2009: In the past I have donated paintings to local Kidlington village charities, some of these include the Royal British Legion, Kidlington Church Spire appeal & also Oxfordshire Hospitals. Many of my designs are used for charity cards such as Sobell House in 2007 also many Christmas cards for the IWA.
- 1994: A number of my paintings were presented by my parents to the town of Geel in Belgium to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the liberation during the second world war.
- 1995: Singer Mr Paul Weller brought one of my paintings of Shipton-on-Cherwell by the Oxford canal, maybe he wanted to keep a memory of his days at the Manor recording studio.
The John Radcliffe Anglers Society purchased one of my paintings as their trophy instead of a cup; it depicted a spot on the Oxford canal where they fished.
- 1996 & 1998: One of my local bluebell wood paintings is exhibited in Kensington Central Library, London in memory of "Tess Allen".
- 1998: Became a member of the Guild of Waterway Artist
THE BIGGEST COMPLEMENT anyone has given me, has to be from the Banbury Horton Hospital who have a large permanent display of my new style contemporary canvases which are much admired and help cheer people up. Art in hospitals is much appreciated.
SOME PAST EXHIBITIONS SINCE 1995
Michele exhibits at many venues both solo & with groups of artists.
Here is a short list.
- 2011 -Solo Exhibition at West Ox Arts Gallery in the Cotswolds
- Museum of Oxford (SOLO SHOWS)
- Stable Gallery, Green College, Oxford (SOLO SHOWS)
- County Museum, Woodstock (SOLO)
- Stop House, Oxford and the Grand Union Canal, Northamptonshire (SOLO)
- London Canal Museum.
- Stoke Bruerne-National Waterways Museum, Northamptonshire
- Stoke Bruerne Village hall for the Blisworth Tunnel 200th anniversary festival held 2005
- Exhibited at various hospitals in Oxfordshire. (SOLO SHOWS)
- Participated in Oxfordshire Artweeks. many times
- Little Gallery in Oxford. Artweeks
- The Ancient High House, Stafford
- Exhibited with the Kidlington Art Group
- Exhibited with the Guild of Waterway Artists as a member of the group
- 2007 Mill Arts Centre, Banbury, Oxon (SOLO)
- Witney Museum
- Cumberland Pencil Museum, Keswick, Cumbria
- Oxford Town Hall (SOLO SHOWS)
- Modern Art Oxford Open Exhibition January 2008. One painting exhibited
- 03 Gallery. 2008 Summer exhibition. One painting exhibited
- 2008-2009 National Waterways Museum, Stoke Bruerne, Northamptonshire
- 2009 Solo-Vale & Downland Museum, Wantage.
Please email Michele if you like a list of her up and coming exhibitions, events and venues.